Thursday, November 13, 2014

A Sophisticated Lady

I finally finished something! I've started about a hundred different projects and finished a handful - and of course most of those are going towards my Advent Calendar, so I can't show them to you yet. And, of course, I posted this all over my FB page and my deviantArt page, but forgot about my own blog! Goodness me!

I wanted to try something new with this particular item. I didn't want to take a photo of it in our messy room and try to crop out all the crap in the background, nor worry about which blanket should I use to get the best lighting - or how to get good lighting in my room period. So, I headed outside with my cowl and a styrofoam head and plopped down on the ground. The head just wasn't working: too low to the ground, the cowl wouldn't work right over the head, it looked like a muddy mess, and I was worried about having to clean all that grass and stuff off after I was done. Luckily, I remembered to let Lady out of the fence so she could go explore and say hi to the other dogs on the property (since we're living with the in-laws for a bit longer). After battling with the four puppies that roam around (they're the in-laws and on their way to a good home soon), I snagged Lady and made her sit for me. Of course the puppies wanted in too, but I didn't really need them.

Pictured below is my darlin' GSD Lady - also know as Lady-Bug due to the "spots" that she has on her back - modeling The Sequin Turtle's Hooded Crochet Infinity Scarf. She's a darling dog whom I love to death (her and her parents).
Lady "Bug" - my sweet baby girl
It didn't take me too long to get her to sit and stay, the latter being the harder of the two for her to follow, and snapped a few shots - including puppies too. And when I finished, I was super excited how this photo turned out! The barn, the angle, the trees - it's all perfect! I am super proud of myself and I really hope y'all enjoy it as well.

I'll add this pattern to my patterns list at the top of the page for easy reference. Thanks for stopping by! 

(Side note - my husband and I are moving soon and I may not get to post anything else I make between now and December. I'll try and get something up if I can, if not feel free to follow Kota's Crochet Creations on Facebook. I keep that pretty up to date via my phone.)

BONUS PHOTO TIME!

Bonus photo: When puppies "attack"
She's not overly fond of the puppies in her personal bubble. And that little pup tried to get in there several times before I could snap the photo of her above. Crazy little tykes!

No comments:

Post a Comment