Monday, July 1, 2013

Beanie into Bearded Beanie!

In my last post, I threw this picture in and asked y’all to guess what it could be (besides a beanie, because that was too obvious).

Bearded Beanie WIP

But, I didn’t get any guesses. Oh well. The reveal is this: a bearded beanie! My little brother wanted one (green and brown) so I finally got to make one! I’ve been dying to work on this pattern for a long while now (for a couple months) and I was so excited to finally have someone ask for it.

Bearded Beanie

The pattern to the bearded beanie that I used. It is a free pattern, of course. She says in the beginning that  she modified the pattern from another (which didn’t give any hook sizes, so if you try that one: good luck). Personally, between the two, I love this one! It looks really good.

Helpful hint: make sure the beanie covers the ear completely. That way the beard will fit a bit better. Of course, you need to make sure it works for the person you’re making it for. (For example: the beanie fit my and my hubby perfectly and, if I followed the pattern, so would the beard. Except, the beanie was smaller on my brother so I had to up the hook size [from I to K] to make it work for him.)

Also, if you don’t know how to “Front Post Double Crochet”, “Back Post Double Crochet”, and “2dblcrochet cluster” you should look them up. They’re super easy stitches to learn and they look really awesome! YouTube has some good videos and Google has some good sites where you can learn how to do them.

Well, that’s about it for this post. Until next time, where I’ll be posting the start up of a massive order of crochet horse scoodies (and one horse hood)!

No comments:

Post a Comment