Saturday, June 28, 2014

Fun things today!

Today is my niece's birthday. I do believe Sakura is turning 10 (?) today (but I'm really not sure. Only been in this family for a little over a year officially, and have known my niece for two years now, so I'm not sure).

Any how...

I've decided to make something for her this year. I found a few headband patterns which all call for cotton thread, which (of course) I don't have. I did, however, substitute it with some baby yarn I still have lying around (in "Antique White" by Bernat Baby). I think it worked out pretty well, don't you? It worked a little bigger than one with thread, but that's not bad. I like this yarn very much. It's much easier to wash, if needed too. Awesome all in one.
Don't mind the tail, I hadn't tucked and trimmed yet.
The pattern I used is called MandyBand, written by Mandy England, who created both the flower and headband all by herself. How awesome is that? The flower, by itself, is very cute and had a multitude of uses. I may even use it again for something else. The pattern is a bit interesting to read, as she doesn't read patterns and doesn't write them the way I'm used to seeing them. However, she has included photos of every step, so it's extremely easy to follow.

I've also included some yarn, a handful of hooks, and a "I taught myself to Crochet" book in her bag. She really wants to learn how to crochet, so I figured, why not try and teach her this year. I've learned more within the last year than I knew last year and am sure that I can teach my niece how to crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment