Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wow... I'm finally finished

It's been a long time coming, but here it is...
Photo taken 9-4-2012
I don't know if y'all remember this blanket from September 4, 2012, but I finally finished it. It's officially done. It's taken my just a tad under two years to finally get this silly thing done. It's 100 rows exactly and that's 25 more than the pattern called for, but I don't care. Fits me just fine.

This, two years ago, was going to be my very first lapghan (lap afghan), but fate intervened and my youngest nephew got his blanket before I got this finished. I've been trying for a while to actually make an afghan, but I was always intimidated by them. They take lots of yarn and lots of time and excuse after excuse. Finally after I realized that I have so many skeins of this variegated yarn laying around, I finally searched through Red Heart's many afghan and blanket patterns, this seemed easiest and quickest. (Boy, do I feel silly for thinking that.)

In reality, this is a really easy pattern and the color changes the pattern calls for are simple. Especially if you follow a few of Moogly.blog's video tutorials or Moogly.blog's photo tutorials. Actually, now that I look at my photos, I love the way it sort of stripes itself. That's nifty. (If you're struggling to tell, the top photo is almost the entire afghan, the second is a closer photo, and the third is an extreme close up of the coloring/ripple.)
100 rows exactly and a lovely variegated yarn.
The pattern I used is Red Heart's Windsor Ripple Throw in Red Heart's Mexicana. Super easy, super fun. Now that I still have a ball of this yarn left, I'll probably make headbands or something for my nieces, or even coasters for all the glasses we use. Plenty of uses for Red Heart yarn in these colors. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment