Saturday, December 6, 2014

On the Fifth Day of Christmas

Day 5! Moving right along! (Explanation for why this is late will follow down below)

So, I've been struggling with this beanie for a year, a YEAR. I wanted to make it for a friend last year, but I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. This year, however, a fellow crocheter on Facebook posted her troubles with this particular pattern in a group we're in. I figured I'd try and help her out, since I was stuck too. So we began to work "together" on it (separately, but sharing notes and issues via Messenger on FB).

And that's not where the troubles stopped. After I had completed the hat, I realized it would fit my niece better than my friend. Well, that wasn't in the plans. Okay, we'll try again. Tore it out, and discovered (thanks to my new buddy) that if you work the hat in one hook, and then go UP a hook size for the owls, it works out a whole heck of a lot better. I would probably even recommend going up a hook size than require for the hat and go up a hook size from that for the owls, but then again, I crochet a little tight.


This pattern may have kicked my butt for a while, but I can say that I am happy with it and I now know how to work cables into my work. It was harder than I thought, but that's how you learn. I would be willing to make this again and again.

The pattern is called It's a HOOT! and can be found on Ravelry. I actually purchased my copy from her website, but Ravelry is always a good place to buy and get patterns. They'll automatically store your receipt so you don't have to worry about losing it. And you'll get to download any paid pattern you bought over and over if your computer crashes or something. I use Dropbox to save all my stuff, so I'll never lose it.

This is late because I was working all day Friday and got home and just could not find this photo. I had one, but GOD BLESS was it horrible. Didn't show the color well at all. I will try to keep up with this the rest of the Advent Season, but I do have to work and get stuff made. You can help me out GREATLY by dropping by my Facebook page and

No comments:

Post a Comment