Monday, December 1, 2014

On the First Day of Christmas

And here is the first day of my Crochet Advent Calendar 2014! Are you guys excited as I am?

I've mentioned a couple of times that I decided to give gifts to all of my nieces and nephews this year. Last year, I only got around to making one gift for the niece who lives with her grandparents (my in-laws), the purple cat scoodie. This year, I made each one of them a stuffed animal.

The boys got little teddy bears, Keoni in green, his favorite color, and Micheal got blue (since he's only 2 and can't make that kind of decision yet). I made a boo-boo when crocheting Keoni's only because I didn't use the same yarn I used to make Michael's to make Keoni's. Michael's is made from Bernat Baby Softee yarn and Keoni's is made of Red Heart Super Saver. Though, the scarves are made of BBS yarn, since I'm trying to use up some of my scraps.


They're adorable little bears that are super easy to make. For your own teddy bear, check out Lion Brand's Bear in a Jiff. It's an adorable little bear and it is super easy to whip up. This was my first amigurumi and I can't believe how easy they were. I'm definitely not used to crocheting in what is basically a spiral, but it was easier than I thought it was. If you don't have good stitch markers (like me, oddly enough), a safety pin works marvelous. It's what I've been using for a while now. Cheap too.

Tomorrow you'll get to see what my nieces are getting for Christmas. :D I won't ruin the surprise because that won't be any fun. (Though, if you've been following my Facebook page, you may already know what they're getting. Don't spoil the fun for anyone else!)

Remember to spread the word about my Crochet Advent Calendar! I'm also going to be posting links to various other artists who crochet and create marvelous items and share their patterns with the whole of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment