Wednesday, December 10, 2014

On the Tenth Day of Christmas

Day 10 and these cuties finally arrived to their new home. My dear friend "Jazz" (the woman who I featured a few days back) ordered these for her two little boys.

Again, I have learned so much from making little stuffies like these. The blue/green one is a little thicker than the red/orange guy - stuffed him a little and it seemed to make his head a little more stable. I have also learned that hair is a pain in the butt sometimes. "J" has a slightly crooked face, but I think he looks heroic. "C" has the written mouth, while "J" has a mouth made similar to the stitch used for the eyes. (Can you guess which one I like better?)

They may have been a little difficult, but they are well worth it. I love them so much. I may make some next year for my nephews. I really hope Jazz's little boys love them as much as I do. These will forever go down in my book as a favorite pattern that I'm totally willing to repeat.
Standing guard over my yard - or at least until they move to their new home!
The pattern can be found at RedHeart.com under the name Boy and Girl Super Heroes. They're adorable and not as difficult as I had originally thought. And they actually work up rather quickly too, since the head and body are one single piece. The thing that took the longest was the cape, but even that wasn't too terrible. Learned so much about weaving in tails for these guys too.

I'd like to remind you that anything that you see within my blog I can make custom for you. And almost every pattern I find is available to you on the Free or Paid pattern pages at the top. Feel free to contact me or dive into the pattern pages! If you make something from any of those pattern, I'd love to see! I'll even give you a free feature just so that others can see the amazing work that you've done as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment