Saturday, December 6, 2014

On the Sixth Day of Christmas

And today is Day 6! Half way through the first 12 Days of Christmas!

One of these days I'll jump into a craft fair of some kind and sell lots of stuff! But until then, I'll just make random things and either save them or wear them myself. I've already lost one beanie I've made to my darlin' husband who just took it and began wearing it. Totally doesn't match is uniform (as a cop), but he doesn't care. He may be mad at me when I steal it back and stick some holly on it.

Holiday cheer guaranteed!
This set, however, I got to keep for myself. Hadn't really planned on keeping it for myself, but it got super cold one evening and I had to go feed and water our dogs, and I needed something to at least keep my hands warm. So, I pulled out this magical little set and went about my merry business.

The hat is the usual "Hat Hugger" pattern (can be found on the page "Free Patterns") that I go to on a regular basis. I just did a couple of front post stitches and dc on the front to give it a different type of brim. It's a lovely hat, and that little bit of texture makes the whole thing.

The wristers are a new pattern that I found looking for something easy and simple. They can be found on Ravelry (for free!) and they're called Simple Wrist Warmers. They really are simple. Silly simple. They work great with any of the foundation chains too, so you don't have to do that silly chain.

For the hands that they're on currently, I had to google hand templates for a while and found one I liked. I then printed them out (after a few hours of trying to get them just right on Word) on cardstock so they're a little more durable. I do have to remember to print out a right and a left next time (or maybe just two lefts) since I made two rights this time. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment