Wednesday, December 18, 2013

On the Eighteenth Day of Christmas...

Day 18:
These are cute little ornaments that took no time at all to make. They're super simple to make and Linda offers easy instructions to make them. Only two rounds, with a stitch I haven't used before (A picot stitch). If you're unfamiliar with the stitch, she offers easy instructions on how to create the stitch.

I made three of them: the red with a little dark/navy blue flower, the white one with red/green star/flower, and the green one has a star (sort of like the star of Bethlehem). Aren't they just cute? Linda doesn't have instructions for the chain on top, but I simply chained a strand until it looked long enough and then slip stitched into the first stitch of the top of the ornament. (This means I didn't cut the yarn after the pattern finished {green/white}, I left it attached.) Next time, I'll make them a bit longer, like the red one. (That one, I obviously used a different technique and color for that chain.) These are really cute and so easy! If I had a ton of yarn and nothing more to do all day, I would make tons and tons of these things!

These can be made with yarn scraps
Linda has offered up her pattern for these here. You can add all sort of decorations on the top of them: beads, yarn, glitter: anything you can think of really.

No comments:

Post a Comment