Wednesday, December 25, 2013

On the Twenty-Fifth Day of Christmas...

Day 25:
Well here we are, folks. Christmas Day and my final crochet item of the season (well, for my Advent Calendar this year any way). I hope you and yours are having a fantastic holiday!

The final crocheted item is a little Christmas tree that I put together. Like almost everything else I've made this month, it's really easy to do both patterns and they work up rather quickly. The star was a bit new to me, though, since I had never worked with a steel hook or thread (which I still haven't, since I used cross stitch floss instead). The star was tricky, since I wasn't using the proper thread, but I think it came out quite nicely. It's a bit curly, but is beautiful none the less.
Yeah, that little white line on my tree is dog hair. Can't live in a house with three big dogs and not expect to get some hair on your yarn, right?
A happy little tree
The pattern for this is split into two different patterns. The pattern for the star is here, and the pattern for the tree is here


So, since this is my final day of the Advent season, I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I also want to thank each and every one of you who stuck with me all the way to the end of this Advent Calendar. I have gotten so many views that I think I may try again next year, with all new items and maybe even more features. I am so glad that I have had this chance to share my fun with you all, and hope you got some new patterns from this.

I will continue to post patterns and pictures all year long, so stick with me if you wish! I still have tons more to create! But, until next time, my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment