Thursday, December 5, 2013

On the Fifth Day of Christmas...

Day 5: Today's craft is a pair of cute little bows that I made for a friend of mine, since she's so into Pokemon (even today). Her nickname at camp is Ash, so there are perfect for her.

Aren't these just so cute?
Aren't they just adorable? And my stuffed animal, Puppy, is modeling them for me. I can't wait for her to get them. She loves bows almost as much as she loves Pokemon, so this is the perfect gift for her.

Of course this is one gift I won't be able to post without her knowing they're for her, just because I wouldn't make them for anyone else! (Unless it's an order, of course! :D) She's special in that way. Heck, if these go well, I may make some more bows later for others. They are really cute.

For this pattern, I used this pattern, but I just used the instructions on the main part. The 2 red rows are half double crochet, there are 2 black rows that are single crochet, and the 2 white rows are half double crochet again. They're cinched tight with single thread of yarn, and then the "button" in the middle is made up of 6-8 half double crochets in a magic circle in white, followed by single crochets in black (2 per stitch). Honestly, it's a try-and-see-what-works-for-you kind of thing. If I make them again, I'll have to either remember how I did it (and remember to write it down), or just experiment to get it right. And, of course, if I write it out, I'll be sure to post it somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment