Tuesday, December 24, 2013

On the Twenty-Fourth Day of Christmas...

Day 24:
Today is another project for the dogs. Or people, if you'd prefer. This cute pattern took me a while to figure out (because when I originally tried it, I was still trying to figure out the simple stuff), but I tried it again this year and I am so glad that I gave it a second chance.

I did this one in the school colors of my hometown (and unintentionally, the colors of my college), Copperas Cove, in honor of our mascot the "Bulldawgs" (yes, you read that correctly...). This pattern would be quite a hit back home! Though, if your school isn't "dog" themed, you could always take off the bone. In fact, down below is the pattern for this stocking; however there is a similar cat stocking pattern that instead of a bone, there is a fish! Cute, right?

This will probably be a stocking for my lovely Lady-Bug, since my husband and I have our own. I'll also make one, within the next year or so, for my mom's dog Daniel, and maybe even one for our other two dogs, Honey and Charlie. (And, if I'm really lucky, I'll get tons of orders for these adorable things!)



To make your own stocking, check out the pattern at Red Heart. They've got two links to this pattern, one being a "correction", but as far as I can tell, they are the same pattern (as in, the put up a corrected pattern, but then went back and fixed the one that was incorrect). However, if you're a bit worried about their being a difference, do try the "Pattern Correction - Dog Paws Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern" (which is the one in the link).
If you're more interested in it's brother, the "Cat Paws Christmas Stocking Crochet Pattern", then simply check out this pattern instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment