Sunday, December 8, 2013

On the Eighth Day of Christmas...

Day 8:
Today, I'll be showing off my very first earflap hat. I've been wanting to do one of these for a while, and I finally had a reason to (it's cold outside!). I really love this hat and may have to make one for myself pretty soon!

Candy Cane edging. Yum!
The edging on this was different (only one strand, and in the color of your hat), but I decided to keep with my Christmas-y theme here and did a candy cane type of edging. It looks amazing and I just want to eat it up!

I found the pattern for this hat on Raverly.com. I changed up the stripes to match the ones found on my slouchy beanie, though without the wave to them. I also added more yarn for the braids to make them a little thicker. If I go back to remake this (or something like it), I'd make that pattern a wave pattern and make the braids longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment